Many are the controversies about the origin of the Pisco Sour, if it is Chilean or Peruvian the true is after the second glassâ€¦who cares!!!!
We have been in Peru and it is great there as well, basically you have to have the right ingredients and you can make your own country â€śPisco Sourâ€ť so letâ€™s take a look what you need:
Ingredients for 1 person:
- Lime Juice (way better than lemon) about 1 oz.
- Powder Sugar or sugar syrup or honey ( what ever makes you happy, this is at taste)
- Ice ( this is very important , because going to make your Pisco Sour not too strong , so always soften it with ice)
- ÂĽ Egg White ( not mandatory , this is used to produce foam and give a very delicate presentation , donâ€™t worry if you put just a little doesnâ€™t taste like egg)
- And of course 3 oz of Pisco ( doesnâ€™t matter if it is Chilean , Peruvian or Chinese, be sure is 35 % alcohol)
- Bitter â€śAngosturaâ€ť or Cinnamon
Put everything in your blender, except the Bitter or the cinnamon, which is used to adorn the top of your drink with a drop at the end and serve
Note of the guides:
If you want to look like a professional, use a flute glass (Champagne ones) and moist the top with lemon and then put granulated sugar in the outline of the glass!
Where Can I Find Pisco?
Most of the Duty Free stores of Peru, Chile and BoliviaÂ they have . Some travellers told us than in the United States they saw Pisco in : Trader Joeâ€™s stores.
Please tell us where our readers can find Pisco in your country or city and where is the best pisco sour served in your town !!!!!!!